Friday, February 12

Sneak Peek: Playmobil, Legos, and Toy Fair 2010


I love this time of year at the toy store. Why? Because February means Toy Fair! Toy Fair is where all the companies bring out their new and exciting games, toys, and gadgets. It's always fun to look and see what we think will be hot, and what will be a flop.

But this year, I'm not excited about a "new" toy. I'm sure Michelle will be posting some awesome pics straight from Toy Fair of new toys that I'll want for my kids. But for now, I'm really excited about some old classics that we have decided to start stocking and continue stocking.

The first one is Playmobil! I know some of you may have heard that we aren't going to sell it any more. The truth is, we were thinking about not. But so many of you seemed disappointed that we've decided to bring it back! If you're a fan of Playmobil, you know what exciting news this is. Those of you who aren't fans yet should check it out when we get the first shipment in sometime in April. It's made in Germany, and it's adorable. The tiny pieces work on kids' fine motor skills, while the delightful details build their imaginations. I think it's my all-time favorite toy. I buy it as much for myself as my kids.

The other classic that we are going stock is Legos! You heard right! We won't be getting these in until April either, but I can't wait. And we're going to be getting the bulk Legos--the kind that can be taken apart and built again in countless ways, instead of just small kits that build one specific item. It will be a small shipment at first, so if you want some then, I wouldn't wait. The next shipment will come in before the holidays.

And the last sneak peek I'll throw out there (this one is not definite yet) that I'm excited about is Monchhichis! Come on, you parents must remember that commercial from our youth: "Monchhichi, Monchhichi, oh so soft and cuddly!" (If you want the full blast from the past, you can watch the old commercial here.) We are considering the ones in fun costumes, though, not just the plain ones. Take a look at these cute examples shown at Toy Fair last year. (Please, Michelle, you have to show us a cute Monchhichi from this year if they are there, even if you decide not to stock them!)

So what do you think? Playmobil, Legos, Monchhichis...are we on the right track to bring some classic fun back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments