Tuesday, September 6

Purchasing Toys for our Toy Store



This is the time of year I do most all of my purchasing for the holidays. I am just about done with all my ordering, other than reorders. Let me tell you though, that it isn't easy. It isn't unlike coming in our store and finding 10 things you like but only intending to buy one. There are lots of great toys for me to choose from. And just like you, I have a budget. I plan my sales projections and my purchasing budget is based on that. Thankfully, after many years of making these projections, I am often within 5% of my projections.

So this year, once again as I get to the end of my ordering spree, I find myself wanting to bring in a number of toys that just aren't going to make the cut. I am forced to go back to the previous orders and slimming them down a bit to make room for a few necessities (of course there are necessities in a toy shop). I so love these toys, that it makes it hard not to get them all. But I have to stay on budget.

Here is a sneak peak of a few items that made the list: (pics will have to come later).
  • Healthy Gourmet Salad and Pita Pocket Lunch for Green Eaters (love these)
  • A much bigger selection of Corolle dolls AND their much requested clothing
  • Power Poppers (on-the-run rapid fire foam ball gun) in 3 colors including pink!
  • Spooner Boards (you'll just have to see these... cool)
  • Bumpers - new bouncy animals similar to Rody, but $20 cheaper! (and still well made)
  • Blast Pads galore - Stomp rockets, blast pad, air bolt, jr. stomp rocket...
  • Trekbot - remote control bots that power up on your usb
  • Lots of great arts and crafts
  • More Thomas the Tank Engine items in the store
  • More little items that make great stocking stuffers and little gifts
  • Nanoblocks - miniature lego like sets
  • Oh, way way too much to list everything here.

So what didn't make the cut you ask?? Well, I'm hoping you will never know or notice!

(Pictured here is me, Michelle, placing orders at my computer and a big shipment of toys we just received today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments